Divorce And Family Law Representation Throughout San Diego County
Are you facing the end of your marriage or other family conflicts? You want the legal guidance and advocacy of a lawyer who understands your circumstances, as well as the law. You want to be confident you are getting the information you need to make wise decisions about difficult issues.
You can count on the Law Offices of John H. Tannenberg, A.P.C. Our San Diego family law firm is committed to helping individuals and families understand their legal options and find the best resolution.
A Certified Family Law Specialist On Your Side
Attorney John H. Tannenberg is certified by the State Bar of California as a family law specialist. This credential is limited to family law attorneys with the highest qualifications and experience. For more than 40 years, Mr. Tannenberg has provided effective and supportive counsel in a wide range of family law matters, including:
- Divorce and asset division – We will help you understand how the court characterizes, traces and divides your marital estate, so that you have a plan and realistic expectations for the property settlement. We have experience with complex and high-asset cases involving businesses, investments and other complicating factors.
- Custody and visitation – We are guided by your specific needs and goals in crafting parenting plans and visitation agreements that reflect the child’s best interests. We will help you understand your rights and your options and advocate zealously in custody proceedings.
- Divorce mediation – John Tannenberg is an experienced lawyer and mediator who can serve as the neutral third party to facilitate an agreement on key issues like property, custody and support. Alternative dispute resolution is generally quicker, less costly and more civil than litigation.
- Child support and spousal support – We strive to obtain complete and accurate information on income and expenses to arrive at a fair and equitable result in calculating court orders for financial support.
- Modifications and enforcement – Financial hardship or other life circumstances may trigger the need for post-judgment modifications of custody and support orders. We can also step in to enforce visitation rights or unpaid support, or when one parent wants to relocate with the child.
- Prenuptial/postnuptial agreements – We have extensive experience drafting and reviewing agreements that outline how property is divided in the event of separation or divorce, including property acquired during and prior to the marriage.
Solving Problems And Moving You Forward
Family law matters are difficult and emotionally charged. Our aim is help you find favorable resolutions that enable you to move forward with your life after divorce, whether through negotiation, mediation or litigation.